Pages

Sunday 31 January 2016

Looking elegant with the least $$

First impressions matter.

I think that looking presentable and elegant, while emanating some sophistication for a modern woman is very important in the workplace.

The cosmetics industry is always so lucrative, thanks to woman who always want to look pretty.

Anyway, I am no exception.

Except that savings and value matter to me a lot and I spend only the very minimal on looking good.

This is where I...

1. Get my hair dye done:

I watch youtube videos on "how to dye your own hair" and buy Liese Hair dye to do it myself.  I can say that I am really impressed with my own work. Lol.

This Liese works wonders! It is easy and convenient.

Damage: $20.
Damage if I go to hair salon instead: $100
Savings: $80

2. Rebond my hair:
Aunty XiuZhen at Jurong West home salon.

This Aunty specializes ONLY on rebonding hair and she has been doing it for 10+ years. Her work is awesome and she uses Sheseido hair products ok.

Damage: $65
Damage if I go to hair salon instead: $150
Savings: $85

3. Makeup products
Silkygirl cosmetics


Don't need to spend on Chanel products which costs over $100+.  Simple low cost cosmetics like Silkygirl will do. I watch youtube videos on how to makeup and learn it. Really, the skill in making up is more important than buying expensive make up products!

Damage: $20+
Damage if I buy branded: $100+
Savings: $80+

4. Clothes/Household items

Taobao is a god send!! I save SO much money over the years buying from Taobao instead of brick and mortar shops. Clothes/baby clothes/household items/ winter clothes/ toys so many things!

And I do not use agents like 65Daigou. I learn how to ship direct from Taobao.  Just spend some time figuring out how to use China agents to ship over. It is much cheaper that way.

I am also vested in Alibaba shares as I can see its great potential in time to come ^^

Cost savings: 50%

Conclusion..

I often read AK's blog on the importance of saving and spending prudently. Really, it all adds up.
Spending prudently is also learning about 'delayed gratification' -the notion of enjoying your rewards later.

First impressions matter and really, it does not need a lot of money to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment