Pages

Tuesday 26 May 2015

Starhub Stock Review (II)

I previously blogged that Starhub (SH) was trading at an insane price of $4.43 (here) and that was overvalued. I have sold off SH at $4.39 and it didn't surprise me that it is now trading at $4.02, near to its 52 week low.

The big drop came about after SH announced that its profit from operations has decreased by 15% when compared to 1Q2014. EBITDA was also 8.5% lower for the quarter.

With my analysis of $4.04 a share, P/E is 19.95 times. SingTel's P/E is 18.5 and M1's 18.48. This might mean that at this current share price, it is not exactly an attractive stock to buy. The D/E is 4.63 (really high) whereas the other 2 telcos are 0.37/0.56 respectively.

The PEG ratio is also high as compared to other Telcos. :(

I think the only saving grace is still its attractive dividend payout. But I wouldn't risk buying the stock and then half a year later, see a drop in price value again. End up my net return would still be the same or even worse.

Technical jargons aside, I wouldn't buy this stock yet. Not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment