Pages

Sunday 26 April 2015

My portfolio of stocks

This is how my portfolio of stocks is like, or what I try to have:

My investment strategy:
Long term -10yrs at least
Conservative risk appetite
Aim for passive income


1. Blue Chip Stocks
Blue chip stocks are stocks belonging to well-established and finally sound companies that have operated for many years. They are normally the market leaders in their respective industries. For e.g. Starhub/Singtel/SembCorp/Keppel/CapitaLand/UOB

Their earnings are consistent, sustainable and provide stable dividends. Once in awhile, I would just need to take a look at their financial statements to see their earnings and future growth. I wouldn't be too worried about their performance.

2. Trusts and Reits
Reits is a stock that invests in real estate directly and typically offer investors high dividend yields and highly liquid method of investing in real estate. For e.g., AIMS AMP CAPITAL INDUSTRAIL REIT comprises of a portfolio of industrial real estate properties in Singapore.  They have warehousing/logistics/Manufacturing/Business parks. What I like about trusts and reits are the relatively stable stock prices (one that does not fluctuate much) and a consistent dividend payout.

3. Undervalued stocks
I tend to keep some cash at my bank to spot on undervalued stocks and make an immediate 'Buy' when the stock market makes a slight correction. For e.g., there was a very brief period where Capitamall trust was selling at $1.9+ and I quickly made a purchase of it.

Of course, due to market efficiency, there are always reasons that justifies that value but having analyzed their financial reports, I believed that it was a worthy purchase and one that might be undervalued. True enough, it didn't take long before it sets back to $2.++ price, a price that holds it stable for the past year.

Such market corrections are not the norm, and it requires some analysis on each individual stock.

4. Potential high growth stock
I think spotting a good potential high growth stock is one of the most ardent task and requires one to look carefully at the fundamentals, analyze the industry, analyze the current value and then determine whether it is worthy to purchase. Not easy, but I guess the returns are one of the highest. That's where we have Warren Buffet..

So here it is, my portfolio. I think that it is relatively conservative as I just looking at a stable flow of passive income.

Do NOT day-trade:

 In addition, I am not an advocate of Day trading, nor do I encourage anyone to be. The main reason is because only a very small percentage of day traders (perhaps lesser than 10%) can consistently earn from it. Today, you might be able to earn thousands from it but tomorrow you can lose everything. It is really, a form of gambling. Technical analysis, to me, does not make much logical sense.





No comments:

Post a Comment